Regional Advisor IFF West Africa
Publié le vendredi 5 novembre 2021, par Gabinho
The Global Programme Combating Illicit Financial Flows (GP IFF) implements a holistic follow the money-approach covering prevention, financial investigation, and asset recovery at the national, regional, and global levels. To this end, GP IFF supports its partners increase their compliance with important international standards, such as those of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to Combat Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT).
The Regional IFF Advisor is responsible for advising regional counterparts in governmental and non-governmental agencies in accordance with the programme approach. As a member of the North and West Africa (NWA) Hub and the GP IFF global Team, the Advisor establishes links with activities on the national level in the West African region as well as with other regions and global activities. Close coordination with other GIZ projects in the region in the areas of governance, trade, financial systems development, police, and others is needed.
The regional position is based in Dakar as part of the North and West Africa hub of GP IFF.
Responsibilities specific for GIZ IFF project
• Work closely with regional partners like GIABA and ARINWA in identifying needs, developing, and implementing innovative measures for combating illicit financial flows with the involvement of relevant national and regional authorities.
• Follow up on supported initiatives while advising on proper implementation and achieving results.
• Engage and supervise consultants and fulfillment of their tasks in consultation with the Coordinator and Team Leader NWA hub for achieving the program objectives
• provide technical backstopping to officials involved in the implementation of activities related to the program.
• provide professional advice to enhance cooperation among all stakeholders
• integrate results and experiences into the team and the work of relevant partners and stakeholders.
The regional advisor performs the following tasks :
• implements the activities with regional partners in close collaboration with the NWA team
• supports partners like GIABA and ARINWA in organising activities and facilitating trainings of their members.
• ensure that the implemented activities are in line with the GIZ quality standards
• contributes to the programme’s short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as well as contribute to the programme’s monitoring, reporting and knowledge management
• Identifies needs, develops term of reference, sources regional and international experts, supervises their effective delivery of the contracted tasks and ensures quality control
Networking and cooperation
The regional advisor takes care of :
• the strategic development and management of key relationships with partners
• the support, cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with regional inter-governmental and non-governmental agencies and individuals in the programme environment
• communicating regional interests and efforts and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the programme partners
• ensures knowledge transfer in the programme
• develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
• formulates appropriate input for program reports including annual reports, and contributes to other reports required by the regional coordinator, NWA team leader or programme manager
• assists with research activities and studies on issues to support programme implementation and learning.
• compiles information on implementation of partners’ work plans and ensures knowledge transfer
• assists with project planning and develops project concepts and strategies including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
• assists in coordinating and prioritising relevant project activities at technical level (in the West Africa region) in cooperation with the partners, both as regards the organisational preparation and implementation of the activities
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
• M.Sc./B.Sc. in University degree in law, financial sector/accountancy, administrative sciences, economics or a similar discipline
Professional experience :
• At least 7 years professional field experience in the development context or international cooperation in criminal matters or rule of law.
• Relevant experience acquired through working with law enforcement agencies, asset recovery agencies, FSRBs, or other stakeholder in the AML/CFT context
• Knowledge and understanding of FATF and its recommendations
• Experience with GIZ or another body of international cooperation
Other knowledge, additional competences :
• Practical knowledge of ICT technologies (related financial software, data base and data management systems) ;
• Fluent written and oral mastery of the English language (team language), French would be an asset ;
• Proven analytical, organizational, problem solving and change management skills ;
• Excellent communication skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse stakeholder landscape ;
• High degree of political sensitivity in the context of complex consulting relationships ;
• Team player, able to work both independently and as part of a team in a highly diverse and agile working environment
• willingness to travel (abroad) regularly
• willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
D. Application Package : :
• Letter of motivation
• Professional References
E. Application deadlines :
• Completed applications should be sent by 24.11.2021 to : [email protected] with the object of « Recruitment Regional Advisor IFF West Africa »
NB : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the rest of the procedure